Please read Terms of Service before signing up.
The following terms regulate the services provided by TESOL Colombia and the conditions for the membership, participation and permanence in the network.
The network and its Website is owned by the Universidad de La Sabana, which also sponsors TESOL Colombia.
TESOL Colombia is an initiative owned and sponsored by Universidad de La Sabana.
Please read this terms of service and conditions before using TESOL Colombia. By using any part of the web site, you agree with the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions, then you may not access TESOL Colombia or use any services.
- You must be 18 years or older to use TESOL Colombia.
- You must provide a valid email address, name, last name, country of residence, place of work, name of the TESOL Association you are member of, and any other information needed in order to setup your account.
- You must be an in-service or a pre-service English teacher, an ELT researcher, an ELT institution administrator, directive or coordinator to be a member of TESOL Colombia.
- You are responsible for keeping your information secure. TESOL Colombia cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your data.
- You may not use the service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose (different to TESOL Colombia purposes) nor may you, in the use of TESOL Colombia, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws of the United States, Latin American countries or any other country)
- You may not use improper language or have any type of disrespectful behavior with other network members.
- Any violation of any of the Terms of service and conditions as determined in the sole discretion of TESOL Colombia will result in an immediate termination of your account and data wipe.
By activating your TESOL Colombia account, you agree that you own or have written authorization to use our services from the legal owner of the TESOL Colombia based Website URL(s), domain name, hostname or IP address(es) to be monitored by Universidad de La Sabana.
Pricing (the membership is free of charge):
TESOL Colombia is Free for individual members, It’s our contribution to the ELT and TESOL Community. If you register to our network, you agree that only one (1) account per TESOL Colombia member is permitted and you agree to receive our communications, information and messages via email. We will never send you an invoice for this service or ask you for credit card details.
This Agreement does not transfer from TESOL Colombia to you any of our TESOL Colombia or the Universidad de La Sabana intellectual property, and all rights, titles and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with TESOL Colombia. TESOL Colombia is a registered trademark of the Universidad de La Sabana, TESOL Colombia, graphics and logos used in connection with this Website are trademarks of the Universidad de La Sabana. Your use of this Website grants you no right or license to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any TESOL Colombia services or the Universidad de La Sabana trademarks.
All videos, articles, learning objects, activities, planners, documents, etc. uploaded in the network’s website with the purpose to be shared in the community and used by members, can be printed, copied or used by any member of the network. It is understood and agreed that all material shared in and through the network is for the free use of the members, although credit should be given to the author and citation is mandatory.
TESOL Colombia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this terms. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes, because new or existing features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Cancellation or Termination of Service:
- You may cancel your account at any time by sending us an email requesting account cancellation.
- Once your account is cancelled all of your data will be immediately deleted from our servers. Please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
- We reserve the right to terminate your account for any reason, without notice at any time, if we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with your account, have used inappropriate or improper language, have had disrespectful behavior of any kind with other members of the network, have written improper or disrespectful comments, opinions, etc., have uploaded inappropriate, improper or disrespectful videos, articles, documents, etc. or violate any of the term of service.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
This service is provided “as is”. TESOL Colombia and the Universidad de La Sabana hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither TESOL Colombia nor the Universidad de La Sabana, makes any warranty that the service will be error free or that access to this Website will be continuous or uninterrupted. The use TESOL Colombia and its service is at your own discretion and risk.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless TESOL Latam, TESOL Colombia and the Universidad de La Sabana its contractors, its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your infringement of the service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.