TESOL Colombia is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance professionalism in English Language Teaching Education in the country. It is committed to encourage quality and expertise in research, teaching materials design, and professional development. It also promotes the exchange of ideas and resources, both nationally and internationally, in the framework of mutual respect among all actors, students, teachers, administrators, government and private entities and educational institutions involved in ELT.
TESOL Colombia may undertake the following activities:
- Serve as a meeting point for all ELT stakeholders.
- Encourage career development in the English Language Teaching (ELT) field.
- Promote high quality academic standards in ELT.
- Organize the annual or biannual TESOL Colombia Conference.
- Organize workshops for English teachers and/or ELT directors.
- Provide counseling on ELT issues.
- Publish online and/or physical publications on ELT issues.
- Promote research.
- Promote academic dialogue.
- Organize & conduct national and international academic networks.
- Develop all other activities related to English Language Teaching.